Does Your Business Need a Marketing Makeover?
April 6, 2012 • comment(s)
Ever heard that you shouldn’t put all of your eggs in one basket? It’s true in business just like other areas of life. Businesses grow and change and it may be time for yours to do the same.
Just like updating a hair style or make up to go with a trend, you also need to put a new face on your marketing every so often so others will stand up and take notice – again.
Here are some signs that it is time for a marketing makeover:
* You have lost your focus – When asked where you see your business in five years, can you answer Without a clear path, the business will suffer from stagnation. Re-evaluate your goals so you can see clearly how to proceed once again.
* You have lost your target market – Look at your analytics. If you have had no unique visitors in a while or no one is buying, there is something wrong. Could it be your products? Perhaps, but it is more likely that the needs of your target market are no longer being met with the marketing strategy you currently employ.
* You are a one-trick pony – Email marketing is a great way to build your list, but other tools need to be used to keep your customers happy and new traffic visiting your website. Marketing is not an exact science. It takes trial and error to find a combination that works for your business needs. And, that combination may not work forever. You will have to adjust to the market and what the customers demand.
* Profits are stagnant – You are making money but no more than you were last month or last year. Pretty soon, you could be overshadowed by the competition without some changes.
* Your business circle has not widened – Growing a business is about networking. You find others with common business interests and form mutual partnerships. This can lead to greater opportunities that increase business revenue. If the focus is always on you and your needs, then you are not learning or interacting with others. Join forums and social business networks, but participate fully and not just to meet your needs.
* You are bored – If you are bored, then so is your customer base. Inject new life into your business with a new marketing campaign.
If you answered yes to just a couple of these questions, now is the time to plan a makeover.
And it’s just as simple as how you decide on that new hair style: you look at others and find styles that suit you.
Shannon Cherry helps you make more money in your business without adding more time. Shannon’s business has been debt-free since its inception and she consistently works only 25 hours per week to spend more time with her family. You, too, can stop leaving money on the table with her free report at http://BeHeardSolutions.com